Back to Calendar
BELLEFONTE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Safety Committee Meeting Minutes
A meeting of the Districtís Safety Committee was
held October 26, 2005 at 2:00 p.m. at the High School Conference room.
Those in attendance were: William Cain, Aaron Barto, Judy Ripka, Patti
Hillard, Georgi Johnson, Mike Frasier, Terry Bandel, Betsy Bennett, &
Aaron read September meeting minutes and no
changes were made. Minutes were approved as read.
- Access control systems are all working now.
- School Zone flashing signs are now blinking
during the correct times at the High School.
- Millgate access has been opened up between the
school property and the development.
Outstanding Work Place Safety Concerns:
Work Place Safety Concerns: Dust collector
in Ag shop not working. Maintenance crew unplugged pipe and is no longer
1. Bomb threats at the high school and middle
school this month turned up no evidence of actual bombs and both
individuals have been caught. No changes are deemed necessary in how
they were handled.
2. Students crossing Bishop Street has always been
an issue so the committee brainstormed and came up with the following:
Borough ordinance on jaywalking needed.
Teacherís liability on bus duty and possible road duty.
Public Service Announcement with video done by classes.
3. Building Aides cannot be used for crossing guard
or bus duties according to the Superintendent.
4. Injury reviews, back strains from improper
5. Acid cabinet has been purchased for the high
school chemistry lab due to insurance demands for proper storage.
6. Pavers at Bellefonte elementary bus loading zone
The next meeting is scheduled for November 16, 2005
at 2:00 p.m. at a location to be determined. Meeting adjourned @ 3:00
Back to Calendar