Back to Calendar
BELLEFONTE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Safety Committee Meeting Minutes
A meeting of the District’s Safety Committee was
held September 28, 2005 at 2:00 p.m. at the High School Faculty lunch
room. Those in attendance were: William Cain, Aaron Barto, Judy Ripka,
Patti Hillard, & Georgi Johnson.
Aaron read August meeting minutes and no changes
were made. Minutes were approved as read.
1. Girls’ locker room ceiling umbrella still has not been installed.
2. Desk top crisis training with Randy Rockey will
be scheduled as he wants agencies to practice their emergency plans.
Outstanding Work Place Safety Concerns: None
Work Place Safety Concerns: None
1. The issue about a sidewalk being installed from
Millgate development to Benner Elementary school for students to use to
walk to school was brought before the committee. The area of Route 550
is labeled a dangerous area and therefore students cannot walk to school
and must be driven. Aaron will investigate.
2. Combination locks on custodial and garage areas
need to be installed to allow authorized staff to pass while prohibiting
students from entering/exiting through these areas.
3. Access control systems on Elementary schools are
still not all functional, and Aaron has been working with two companies
to try to get the systems working properly.
4. Injury reviews, any injuries fall within the
category of slips, trips, and falls.
5. The school zone flashing signs are not warning
drivers for the correct times of the day. Aaron will contact the borough
to have them change the times to: 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
to 3:45 p.m.
6. The committee also suggested the possibility of
building aides also doing duty as crossing guards and also for bus duty
in mornings and evenings. Aaron will check on this.
The next meeting is scheduled for October 26, 2005
at 2:00 p.m. at a location to be determined. Meeting adjourned @ 3:00
Back to Calendar